Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beautiful faces

This past weekend, I invited a college friend to take some group shots of the portico students. How exciting! It was a beautiful day. We spent a little more than an hour playing in the Nashville park, posing on the railroad, and just acting silly. I am excited to see the final results. My friend is an amazing artist, and I encourage you to check her out at http://www.ashleysisk.com/. I personally think you will enjoy reading her blog (especially if you enjoy photography).

As my friend was leaving she commented, "Pam, you have some really good kids here". I responded, "I know". Let me pause a moment and insert that I am by nature sarcastic and lack humility to be funny. This was not one of my humorous moments. I agree 110% that I have the honor and privelage of serving some amazing teenagers. They keep me on my toes and fill my life with a joy that is unexplainable. It is my heaven on earth. Why God entrusted their lives with me, I will never know...but I am eternally grateful. While I will never say they are perfect, I will shout from the rooftops: "THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL". Their hardships, flaws, imperfections, craziness, silliness, devotion, unexpected nature, love, and emotional baggage make them completely human and beautiful. I love them. Through the heart aches, pain, hurt, sadness, joy, prosperity, blessings, and peace I know they have some beautiful faces...

http://www.ashleysisk.com/

1 comment:

  1. You do have some great kids! And I'm in the process of editing a few more shots to share by Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete