Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Discouraged

Post was actually made on January 13, 2011

It seems sad that my second post on my lovely blog (which is still in the decorating process) would be about discouragement. It is hard for a youth pastor to admit discouragement. It’s like a major sin. It’s taboo. We are supposed to be the joyful type that has everything together at every moment. Sorry, world…we don’t.
I don’t even know if discouraged is the right title for my blog. I just know that I have faced an unbelievable amount of opposition in my current life path in the past two weeks. I must admit that I only like change when I propose it. These new changes do not have me very happy. I have this yucky, edgy, slighty at the verge of a major-emotional-sob-fest feeling. It feels like discouragment.

Yet, as I am writing this, David Crowder is singing on my computer, “how could you be so good to me?” Such a great moment for that song! Why is God so good to me? Little ‘ole me? Despite being at a MAJOR crossroad, God is GOOD. And more importantly, He is good to me. YES ME!

A dear friend has reminded me of Matthew 5 when Jesus taught on the mount. I am not going to say too much at this point, because I have a message to preach to the Portico in a few weeks regarding this passage. YAY for message inspiration in the midst of my discouragement. But in The Message Bible, Matthew 5:3 reads, “You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and His rule.” Some moments over the past two weeks I have felt that I am at the end of my rope. This passage elevates me so much! To know that in the middle of my despair and discouragement, there is now more of God and his rule. I want more of you God and more of your Kingdom in my life. Please pour yourself into to me! Let me hear your voice! Let me experience your greatness and glory. Oh how I long for You!

No comments:

Post a Comment