Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Welcome to my moment of stardum

My husband and I signed up for a personal blog many years back as a way to keep up with our family in North Carolina while we lived in Pennsylvania. Blogging was difficult for me. I constantly felt this pressure to impress people with our lives and insert picture after picture. In the end, the blog just stopped and I was relieved. However, as I look forward to 2011, I felt inclined to start a blog. Again. This blog is very different from my previous experience in that I am just going to run my mouth. Whew! Hold on…this could get bumpy.

I am honored to report that I am FEMALE youth leader at the church responsible for raising me spiritually. I have known since I was in high school that I was called to work with teens. It has taken many paths, many tears, many prayers, many successes and a whole lot more failures to completely understand that calling. So here I am, barely in my 30′s and working towards a path of righteousness as God unfolds His will for my life. I am blessed beyond measure to be the wife of the most amazing man I know. I also have the cutest kid in the world. Really, I didn’t make that up. Then there are my 2 four-legged children. Maggie, the golden mutt and Chase, the English bulldog. If we added a cat, my husband says we would be living the Homeward Bound movie.

So what is the purpose in all this blogging stuff? I wanted to be able to just write and write and write all the things that God speaks to me as well as all the dreams and desires that I have for the teens in my life. I do not think like Forrest Gump and feel that I am floating “accidental like on a cloud”, but that I was designed for a purpose. God has ordained the breath in me and I intend to seek Him and His plan with every step I take. So get ready, and enjoy the ramblings of a small town youth leader from beautiful North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment